Fees and Payments
An application fee of AED 500 is due at the time of application. This fee is:
- Refundable if the school does not offer the student a place. Unless, the child's registration is carried forward to the following academic year.
- Non-refundable if the school offers the student a place but the student chooses not to take it.
- Not deductible from the total tuition fees to be paid if the student is offered and accepts a place.
This deposit is payable after the student has been offered a place and parents have accepted the offer. The registration deposit is 10% of the total tuition fees, and is deductible from the total tuition fees for the academic year. Please note, this is a non-refundable deposit.
Re-Registration Deposit (Existing Students)
This deposit is payable at the time of re-enrolment to guarantee a place for the following academic year. The Re-registration deposit is 5% of the total tuition fees, and is deductible from the total tuition fees for the academic year. Please note, this is a non-refundable deposit.
Please note, students who are unable to be registered with the ministry due to missing required documentation, or students with an outstanding fee balance, will not be able to be re-enroll for the next academic year.
Fee Structure for the Academic Year 2019-2020
2019-2020 Fees (AED)
KG 1 - KG 2
|GR 1 - GR 12||
School fees are inclusive of books (which are on loan to students) but exclusive of uniforms and transport.
If a student joins in the school in the middle of a term/semester, the tuition fee applicable will be prorated, based on the number of full weeks (commencing from the week of joining) remaining and unexpired in the semester.
Payment of Fees
- The Application Fee is payable at the time of the online registration, and is charged to process the application of new students. Once the child receives a formal offer from the school, the registration deposit is charged to enrol the child and secure the seat.
- If new students enrol at a school during the course of the academic year, the school can charge tuition fees starting from the beginning of the month of enrolment.
- Schools can collect annual tuition fees in three instalments, due at the beginning of each term. The first term's payment will be 40%, the second 30% and the third term 30% of annual tuition fees.
All forms of payment methods are accepted and can be made in person at the school accounts office. In addition, payments of fees and tuition can also be paid by cash, check or wire transfer directly to the school bank account.
Payment details for wire transfers:
Bank name: Mashreq Bank
Branch: Al Riqqa Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Account number: 0493 14 2119
Titled: Dubai American Academy
Swift Code: BOMLAEAD
IBAN #: AE470330000010493142119
Important: Please quote applicant's name and grade or we will not be able to trace the payment. Also remember to add any bank service fees which may be charged for the wire transfer so that we receive the complete amount due. Thank you.
GEMS FAB Credit Card
Please note that the advance tuition fee discount deadline has been extended to all who pay fees on or before 25th August 2019 through GEMS FAB co-brand card. Please contact the following FAB representative for more information:
Mr. Ganesh 058-6862424
Mahipal Reddy 055-8464790
- In the cases of both existing and new students, the registration and re-registration deposit will not be refunded unless there are extenuating circumstances. These circumstances include, but are not limited to relocation to another country/Emirate or any other unforeseen circumstances.
- In the case of refund, the school fees will be calculated as follows:
- Tuition fees paid prior to the beginning of the academic year are refundable and only the registration/re-registration fees will be deducted.
- if the student was enrolled in the school for two weeks or less, a month's fees will be deducted
- If the student was enrolled in the school for a period ranging between two and one month, two months' fees will be deducted.
- If the student was enrolled in the school for more than a month, the full terms fees will be deducted.
- The refund will be calculated from the start of the term and the date of the official request by the parent stating the intent of withdrawal and not the date when the student was absent. Being on the school register counts as days in school.
- if paid with credit card or online, monies will be refunded back to the credit card. Cash payments will be refunded via cheque.
All students withdrawing from the school must submit notification of their withdrawal in writing to the Registrar office. A 30-day notification period is required to ensure all necessary documents are ready.
Parents should note that even if their employer does provide education benefits, the company may not be considered a “Company Pay” account for Dubai American Academy. Parents should check with the Registration Office to inquire about their employer’s status. Parents may have to pay the tuition first and then be reimbursed from their employer, which may have financial implications for families new to Dubai.
Parent Pay Accounts Payment invoices and receipts cannot be split between the parent and the sponsoring company. If a company’s policy does not provide for full payment of school fees, the student account will be shown as a parent pay in the school’s records. This requires parents to pay the registration fee, tuition for the current semester upon initial enrollment and before class attendance. Parents would then seek reimbursement from their company.
Companies and organizations that have a current account with Dubai American Academy are requested to provide parents of new students a letter stating that the company will be responsible for payment of tuition and fees. These companies are then required to pay the application fee, tuition for the current semester within 30 days of the date the new student is accepted for enrollment.
Non-payment of Fees
Students may not be permitted to appear for the school examination if their fees are not paid. Failure to pay tuition fees may result in:
- loss of the student’s place in the school
- withholding of their school reports, references, and/or examination results
- temporary or permanent expulsion or exclusion from school
Online Fee Payment
To access the online fee payment system, please click here.
“Please note that school fees for the upcoming academic year are subject to change in accordance with Article 51 the Bylaw of Federal Law No. (28) of 1999 Concerning Private Education and applicable regulations.”